Thursday, January 19, 2012

/wrist

I get it, trust me I do.  You're down...you don't like something about your life.  Hey, we all go through it.  We all need to vent and facebook seems the ideal location because maybe you figure you can get support from your friends.  But there's just some issues I see that are typical and happen to a lot of people...except me.  I keep seeing these issues over and over and they really want to make me /wrist.

So you know what?  This is my response to these issues.

I don't give a rats ass that you have no money for a new Ipad/Iphone/other electronic doo-hickey.  Maybe if you  didn't buy all that crap in that house of yours that now makes you miserable because it's cluttering every nook and cranny you would have some money leftover for things you truly want.  I don't care if you got that on sale.  You realize it's cheap and going to break within a few weeks of use by your kids right?  Oh but it was on sale....SO WHAT?!  Twenty bucks of sale stuff here and twenty bucks of sale stuff there amounts to a lot of twenty dollar broken sale items in your house.  I don't care what bargain you found today because it's just wasted money and you have an addiction.  Seek help.

Stop posting crap about how your kids are fed and happy and that's why your house hasn't been cleaned in a decade.  If you don't get to vacuuming this week, don't beat yourself up.  If you're pulling laundry out of the dryer to put on your kids and yourself...hey...life could be worse right?  But don't use your family as an excuse to be an outright pig.  I don't care what study shows that a dirty house raises a healthy child.  Having salmonella and e coli camping out everywhere may not make you sick but I bet you have people over to your house and they could get sick.  If you don't care about yourself enough to clean that's just fine, but other people are on this planet besides you.  Get used to it, there's now 7 billion others.

Your kid has annoying habit X, Y or Z.  Maybe this means your kid sleeps with you, maybe this means your kid doesn't eat veggies, whatever it is I only have one thing to say.  Grow a pair and be a parent.  Don't give me this crap that you can't bear to hear your child cry when you put them in bed or that you will emotionally traumatize them by doing so.  Parenting is about giving your children the tools to succeed.  Do you really think a cranky, sleepy child can learn?  Do you really think a cranky, sleep adult can teach their child effectively?  Do you think the human body was built to only consume pizza and ramen noodles? You need to keep trying and don't give up because they will remember when you did.  You're a role model, not a runway model...so stop whining like one.

I struggle with all this too.  I get it, trust me I do.  Just please don't cross the line and propagate your misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment